[systemd-devel] Dynamic priorities for service loading using systemd ...

Hoyer, Marko (ADITG/SW2) mhoyer at de.adit-jv.com
Fri Sep 21 05:37:03 PDT 2012

Hi all,

hope that is the right forum to raise my question.

I'm trying to realize a kind of dynamic mandatory / lazy service scenario using systemd.

This means in details that services are either mandatory or lazy. Mandatory services are started first, once all man. services have been loaded, the lazy ones can be started. It should not occur that a lazy service starts before the last mandatory one has been started.

For a static scenario I would define a mandatory target.  For all lazy services I would add a Requires and After dependency to this target.

But in my case, I need a more dynamic scenario. The assignment of services to mandatory or lazy is not fixed. It can be changed while the system is running or in worst case early during boot up. To my understanding I must automatically adapt the .services files of the services to realize such a scenario which looks a bit complicated to me.

Does anyone know another prettier solution for that.

Thanks in advance for help!!

Best regards

Marko Hoyer
Advanced Driver Information Technology GmbH
Software Group II (ADITG/SW1)
Robert-Bosch-Str. 200
31139 Hildesheim
Germany
Tel. +49 5121 49 6948
Fax +49 5121 49 6999
mhoyer at de.adit-jv.com
ADIT is a joint venture company of Robert Bosch GmbH/Robert Bosch Car Multimedia GmbH and DENSO Corporation
Sitz: Hildesheim, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hildesheim HRB 3438
Geschäftsführung: Wilhelm Grabow, Katsuyoshi Maeda