[systemd-devel] Feature suggestion: journalctrl -b <n>

Henrik /KaarPoSoft henrik at kaarposoft.dk
Wed Sep 26 14:51:05 PDT 2012

Dear all,

"journalctrl -b" shows messages from the current boot.

However, I often find it useful to look at messages from the previous boot.

Hence I would like to propose a new feature:
"journalctrl -b <n>"
should show messages from the n'th previous boot,
default being n=0, i.e. current boot.

What do you think about this?

PS:
It might also be useful to have an option to show all boot-ID's in the
journal,
maybe showing first and last timestamp of the log, and number of entries.
And maybe having an option like "journalctrl -b <boot-ID>"

/Henrik