[systemd-devel] Duplicate assignment of kernel/sysrq

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Mon Apr 1 16:28:49 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 1:14 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
> can we please get rid of this messages in the syslog?
> if the values are in sysctl.conf there is a reason and
> no need to flood the logs with warnings
>
> Apr  2 01:08:46 rawhide systemd-sysctl[136]: Duplicate assignment of kernel/sysrq in file
> '/usr/lib/sysctl.d/50-default.conf', ignoring

I don't think silently ignoring entries is a good idea, if people want
to override the default settings they should follow the manpage and do
that in /etc/sysctl.d/50-default.conf.

That said, the fact that we are currently parsing /etc/sysctl.conf is
not documented. Should we either stop doing that, or at least update
the manpage? FWIW, I'd be in favor of the former.

-t