[systemd-devel] New Qt wrapper: libsystemd-qt

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Tue Apr 2 13:03:42 PDT 2013

Hi all,
I'm new to this mailing list, but I want to introduce a new Qt library for the
systemd API: libsystemd-qt[1].

One year and half ago another developer, Stefan Majewsky, announced the same
work[2], but since then there has been no development of that library[3].
That library never built for me and I don't understand those python scripts
that generate the cpp interfaces files.

Moreover, the new display manager SDDM, to which I contribute, will require
some systemd integration (specially with logind). Also, Chakra has some plan
for systemd integration in KDE.
That's because I started a new project.

The library ATM just list, start/stop, enable/disable the units (this is just
what I did in few hours today :). The plain is to cover all systemd API.

I'm new, so I hope to get many feedbacks ;)

Cheers.

[1] https://github.com/ndr/libsystemd-qt
[2] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2011-August/003136.html
[3] http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=libqsystemd.git