[systemd-devel] Add ARCH parameter to /etc/os-release

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at err.no
Sun Apr 7 04:39:21 PDT 2013

]] Askar Safin

> > Also,
> > with debian/ubuntu multiarch, the difference between primary arch
> > and the rest is quite thin.
>
> No. Debian has library multiarch only. This means you can install two
> libc (x86_64 and i386) but cannot install two bashes (x86_64 and
> i386).

You can mix binaries from multiple architectures, though,  as Zbigniew
wrote.

> Moreover, "dpkg --print-architecture" will always print your
> primary arch.

It just prints the architecture of dpkg.  apt might very well be of a
different arch, for instance.  There is no «primary arch» concept.

I was quite explicit about that when I initially designed multiarch. :-)

--
Tollef Fog Heen