[systemd-devel] Mounting efivars / efivarfs

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Apr 8 16:02:09 PDT 2013

Hi,

Seems on my system, I have to load the module "efivars" before I can
mount my efivarfs (mount -t efivarfs efivarfs /sys/firmware/efi/efivars)

Now, systemd should do this magically but for some reason it doesn't do
that. If I do not have the efivars module loaded the above mount command
fails. No automatic modprobe happens - I suspect this is why systemd
fails to mount it.

Any thoughts on why it might not be automatically loaded by the kernel
when the mount is attempted? Is it simply because it's missing some kind
of module alias on the name efivarfs? I guess it would work if it were
baked into the kernel itself, but it _should_ really work with a module
too...

Relevant kernel config:
CONFIG_EFI_PARTITION=y
CONFIG_EFI=y
CONFIG_EFI_STUB=y
CONFIG_FB_EFI=y
CONFIG_EFI_VARS=m
CONFIG_EFI_VARS_PSTORE=y
CONFIG_EFI_VARS_PSTORE_DEFAULT_DISABLE=y

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie