[systemd-devel] Socket is dying, how to automatically restart it?

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Wed Apr 10 10:03:34 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have a bit of a heisenbug where dropbear.socket will just die and needs a systemctl restart dropbear.socket. I can't tell why it's dying, just that it does within 3 days of uptime. After restarting it it seems to be rock solid again for at least some weeks.

The real way to fix this is to find out why it dies, but till someone figures that out I'm looking to a way to automatically restart the socket when it fails, kinda like Restart=Always for services. Is such a thing possible? This is with 195 and 196, haven't tried 201 yet.

regards,

Koen