[systemd-devel] Socket is dying, how to automatically restart it?

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Wed Apr 10 23:00:54 PDT 2013

Op 10 apr. 2013, om 22:20 heeft "Kok, Auke-jan H" <auke-jan.h.kok at intel.com> het volgende geschreven:

> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:12 PM, David Strauss <david at davidstrauss.net> wrote:
>> Are you sure it's not the corresponding service that really failed?
>
> actually, that's a good point, but if the "socket" unit is dead, I
> assume that systemd no longer is bind()ed to the ports...
>
> Koen, can you verify that that is the case?

I can try, I'll leave a board up a few days and see what happens.

FWIW, restarting it once it fails is enough to fix it:

root at soekris:/media/# systemctl status dropbear.socket
dropbear.socket
          Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/dropbear.socket; enabled)
          Active: active (listening) since Tue 2013-03-26 20:43:06 CET; 2 weeks 1 days ago
        Accepted: 5; Connected: 2
          CGroup: name=systemd:/system/dropbear.socket