[systemd-devel] Journal issues

Steven Hiscocks steven-systemd at hiscocks.me.uk
Fri Apr 12 14:38:13 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm having two issues in relation to the journal with my recent upgrade
to v201.

One issue, is that it appears that "_MACHINE_ID" field is missing the
"=" character. I had a quick look, and I think the bug was introduced on
the last part of the following commit:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/src/journal/journald-server.c?id=adb435bb70815461eeddf44dd5d6f1fc2ad9026d

The second issue, is it appears that "_SOURCE_MONOTONIC_TIMESTAMP" is
being truncated to just "_SOURC". I'm not clear where this issue was
introduced.

Both issues can be easily seen with journalctl output in "export"
format. I've seen this issue on two of Arch Linux x86_64 systems.

Thanks :)
--
Steven Hiscocks