[systemd-devel] EnvironmentFile spec

Nikos Platis nplatis at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 06:38:34 PDT 2013

The reason I was asking is that I was witnessing some problems with a
service, which I could attribute to problems with (the syntax of?) the
EnvironmentFile used.

Using at least systemd 201 on Arch Linux, the (seemingly valid) file
provided by the package author would not work (some variables defined in it
were not seen by the service file (not substituted in its command line)),
but changing the file in unexpected ways (moving all the commands after the
comments and/or stripping all the comments) resulted in the file being
parsed correctly (?).

The project is pacserve (http://xyne.archlinux.ca/projects/pacserve/) and
the discussion can be found after this post:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1258422#p1258422