[systemd-devel] systemd-readahead -> stops after 2 minutes

Kok, Auke-jan H auke-jan.h.kok at intel.com
Sun Apr 14 11:52:11 PDT 2013

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 14.04.2013 18:13, schrieb Reindl Harald:
>> Am 14.04.2013 06:42, schrieb Kok:
>>> You can modify systemd-readahead-done.timer, basically change:
>>>
>>> OnActiveSec=10s
>>>
>>> to whatever value you like
>>
>> thanks, i give it a try with 3600 seconds what should cover
>> also a long coffee and mostly powner on with WOL and sync
>> work-data while drive to the office
>
> seems like i covered a bug
> the collector stops after exactly 2 minutes

src/readahead/readahead.c has:

usec_t arg_timeout = 2*USEC_PER_MINUTE;

so, it's by design to stop after 2 minutes.

That's for a good reason, I'm not sure if changing it makes much sense
- most people will never want to use non-standard values, and 2
minutes helps everyone (it could help some non-standard cases more,
but it doesn't hurt anyone).

Auke