[systemd-devel] systemd-readahead and often used applications

Garry T. Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 13:49:14 PDT 2013

On 4-13-13 23:24:22 Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 13.04.2013 23:08, schrieb Kok:
> > A lot of things are possible and would help this:
> >
> > - change your system to auto-logon your account and start the
> > applications for you. This is possible without any coding.
>
> well, that's a no-go

You might be interested to know that when I set the option to log into
a locked KDE desktop, I see all of the KDE desktop-related files in
systemd-readahead analyze after two boots without changing the
OnActiveSec=10s.  This is truly effective.

(I know this may not be possible for you, but I just wanted to note
that the suggestion worked well here where I almost always log into
the desktop.  The rare occasion when I do not want that now means I am
forced to log out immediately.)

    $ cat /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc
    [X-:0-Core]
    AutoLoginEnable=true