[systemd-devel] systemd release agent

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Apr 17 07:48:18 PDT 2013

On Tue, 16.04.13 20:45, Kevin Wilson (wkevils at gmail.com) wrote:

> cat  /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd/system/bluetooth.service/tasks
> 671
>
> Apr 16 20:40:05 localhost systemd[1]: bluetooth.service: main process
> exited, code=killed, status=9/KILL
> Apr 16 20:40:05 localhost systemd[1]: Unit bluetooth.service entered
> failed state
>
> And with mcelog it was the same:

> Apr 16 20:33:46 localhost systemd[1]: mcelog.service: main process
> exited, code=killed, status=9/KILL
> Apr 16 20:33:46 localhost systemd[1]: Unit mcelog.service entered failed state
>
> both folders, bluetooth.service and mcelog.service (under
>  /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd/system/) were removed.
>
> How come ? could it be that the messages to the DBus are not sent
> by systemd-cgroups-agent?

systemd gets both SIGCHLD for its children and cgroup events for the
cgroups they are running in. What you are seening above is the SIGCHLD
working.

SIGCHLD we only get for the processes we ourselves started, but usually
not for processes started by them. SIGCHLD contains exit status
information, such as return code, or signal information.

The cgroup events we get when the cgroup runs empty, when all our
"grandchildren" are dead, too. It doesn't contain any exist status
information, so is not as nice.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.