[systemd-devel] howto cgroup without any resource controllers sans systemd?

Dax Kelson dkelson at gurulabs.com
Thu Apr 25 14:07:20 PDT 2013

So systemd only /requires/ the cgroup ability to hierarchally group
and label processes. That's cool and useful!

I'm looking for tips, suggestions or an example on how to get this
specific functionality (no resource controllers needed) integrated
into a standard SysV init script for use on a RHEL6 box?

My google searching and documentation reading thus far has only turned
up examples making use of resource controllers. Since systemd is doing
what I'm after, I thought I'd ask here.

Also, I'm looking forward to RHEL7!

Thanks,
Dax Kelson