[systemd-devel] macros in systemd unit files question

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Thu Aug 1 07:45:18 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM, lux-integ <lux-integ at btconnect.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 01 August 2013 12:58:46 Tom Gundersen wrote:
>> 'm not following. Do you mean that systemd is already doing what you
>> need,
>

> not sure  as I am just learning
>

> ...but suppose
> I have already mounted   proc, run and sys
> and I want just a read only root filesystem
>
> --a)  how do  I get  systemd to mount a   nonRW  root filesystem    and not
> bother with anything  in fstab.?  OR
> --b) could I  have  an fstab  with  /  -o,ro?
> ( and if so what would systemd-remount-fs.service do ?)

If all you want is an RO rootfs, just specify "ro" on the kernel
commandline and drop the rootfs entry from fstab, or if you still want
the rootfs entry in fstab make sure it also has "ro" as an option.
FWIW, systemd should be mounting /proc, /run and /sys for you (don't
know if that is relevant).

-t