[systemd-devel] Create a new logind session from a systemd --user unit

Kok, Auke-jan H auke-jan.h.kok at intel.com
Mon Aug 5 15:38:14 PDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-08-04 at 10:46 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
>
>> https://people.gnome.org/~walters/user-session-patches
>
> Now updated with various bugfixes.  PolicyKit works, the lock screen
> works, etc.

just chiming in here... it's like you knew it was my birthday this week! :^)

> Or maybe we should spawn user at .service from inside the first session,
> and treat that as primary; add a new state like "user-linger" that
> occurs if the user logs in twice, then closes the first one.
>
> It would feel a lot less architecturally weird too if we changed getty
> and ssh logins to behave the same way as gdm - i.e. we have
> loginshell at .service, and keep around a dummy process.
>
> So...dunno, it does feel hacky in some ways.
>
> On the other hand, I'm *really* looking forward to being able to just
> ssh/VT login into a machine and be able to run e.g. "gdbus monitor" and
> "gsettings".

so, most of the patches look very reasonable to me, and I don't see
anything wrong. I wondered, just like Simon, if multi-user is still
working as well

Other than that, please keep up the good work, this is something I've
been looking forward to seeing for over a year now.

Auke