[systemd-devel] fstab-generator: why nofail=true removes "Before=$post" in .mount

WANG Chao chaowang at redhat.com
Wed Aug 7 22:35:50 PDT 2013

Hi, all

I have a question after looking fstab-generator.c. I hope someone can
help me.

In add_mount(), if nofail=true, "Before=$post" won't be added to
xxx.mount:

[..]
if (post && !noauto && !nofail && !automount)
        fprintf(f,
                "Before=%s\n",
                post);

why doing this?

If nofail=true, that means $post "Wants" this xxx.mount. And no matter
xxx.mount fails or not, $post will be reached (if post is a target
unit).

I think it's more reasonable to try do xxx.mount before $post. So I'd
like to keep "Before=$post" in the nofail=true case.

I coud post a patch, but I think it's best to consult to you guys first
in case I'm missing something.

Thanks
WANG Chao