[systemd-devel] [RFC] Integrating an early-boot service in a blocking way?

Michael Stapelberg stapelberg at debian.org
Thu Aug 15 14:00:46 PDT 2013

Hi,

the debian-live people have approached me and want to experiment with
systemd. One of the things they need to have is running a service called
live-config.service, but the issue is that it needs to run in early
boot, even before udev.

We thought of maybe creating a custom target, but it would need to run
before basic.target and I don’t see a good way of doing that.

Do you have any ideas on how to solve this (and making live-config work
in a different way does not count :))? Thanks!

--
Best regards,
Michael