[systemd-devel] arch bootstrapping

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Mon Aug 19 12:05:47 PDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 02:50:01PM -0500, William Giokas wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 05:44:27PM +0200, Daniel Buch wrote:
> > I run with SigLevel = Required DatabaseOptional. And i guess that's
> > recommended. Have you tried pacman-key --init before you --populate
> > archlinux?
>
> Pacman has it's own `pacman-key` command that interfaces with gpg to
> manipulate its keys. What you're probably going to want to do is what
> Daniel said, initialize the keyring. This just takes a bunch of entropy
> but things will (by default) be put in /etc/pacman.d/gnupg/. Having this
> all set up will let you populate it. Here's an example workflow:
>
> # yum install pacman
> # $EDITOR /etc/pacman.conf #[1]
> # pacman-key --init # you may need to do things while this happens
>
> [1]: The SigLevel should be fine at `Required DatabaseOptional`. You may
> want to set GPGDir to something else, though the default shouldn't
> conflict with anything.
Thank you (all three) for useful comments. This is more or less what
I was trying to do, but apparently I missed something along the way.
Everything seems to work nicely now.

> Now to do the --populate archlinux, you need to have an archlinux
> keyring in /usr/share/pacman/keyrings/. If you look at the
> `archlinux-keyring` package in arch, that should give you some ideas.
So, I've created a simple archlinux-keyring package for Fedora.
I have one question: is there an official license for the archlinux-keyring
sources? It is just a collection of publicly accessible information,
but it would be much easier if the license (Public Domain?) would
be publicly specified.

Zbyszek