[systemd-devel] prevent unmount of single partitions on shutdown

Tue Aug 20 20:21:59 PDT 2013

Hi,

i try to port systemd on a own embedded OS which is stored in a squashfs
file. This file is on a fat partition (later mounted as /flash) on the
drive.

In our own initramfs (which dont uses systemd) /flash will be mounted
and then the Squashfs file as /sysroot. later we do a switch_root and
start systemd. On shutdown systemd trys now (5 times) to unmount /flash
and times out later with a error message. This delays the
shutdown/reboot much. Systemd also trys to cleanup /dev/loop0. I need to
prevent systemd to unmount /flash and clean /dev/loop0 (which is the /
mount from the squashfs file).

can i actually prevent this in some way and if nout could i request a
feature to add a mount option which if avaible prevents systemd from
unmounting single partitions and cleanup /dev/loopX if its still mounted
as / ? I need this as mount option or a systemd unit file but for fstab
based systems it would be usefull as a fstab option too (we dont use fstab)

thanks

Stephan