[systemd-devel] Question on debugging getty 'runlevel 3' issue.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Aug 21 06:40:00 PDT 2013

On 08/21/2013 02:53 AM, Kay Sievers wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>> 'Twas brillig, and Ben Greear at 20/08/13 22:46 did gyre and gimble:
>>> Does anyone know what package or thing was doing the
>>> text prompt on the serial console?
>>
>> It happens automatically based on kernel command line params as far as I
>> know...
>
> Check:
>    $ cat /proc/cmdline
> if there is console=, if yes, then something probably added this to
> your boot loader config.

No, I understand perfectly why serial console is active.  I want to know
what thing is doing that initial config logic instead of a normal
login prompt.  I want to manually force the initial config logic to
run and/or just disable it with some sort of script so that users
don't *have* to connect to the serial console to get a login prompt
at runlevel 3.

I'll go grep the file system today and try to find it...

Thanks,
Ben

Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>