[systemd-devel] Fedora 19 hangs on startup: A start job is running for Monitoring of LVM2 mirror...rogress polling

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Aug 22 09:34:46 PDT 2013

On 08/22/2013 09:07 AM, Ben Greear wrote:
> I have a E5 processor system with 128GB SSD freshly installed and updated
> with Fedora 19.  After the initial boot, I added MATE, put system at runlevel 3,
> removed 'initial-setup' package, and so forth.  System is
> configured for serial console.  I'm not sure how much of this matters, however.
>
> On bootup, the system hung with the error:
>
> "A start job is running for Monitoring of LVM2 mirror...rogress polling"
>
> The little red stars move back and forth, so not a total cpu lock,
> but it made no progress in this state overnight.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

Some further info:

I rebooted the system again, and it came up mostly clean (though I believe
the llvm mirror process failed on every boot I've paid attention too).
It at least did not hang.

Then, rebooted again, and it failed to mount the file systems.

Here are some pictures of the console for this one:
http://www.candelatech.com/~greearb/misc/IMAG0271.jpg
http://www.candelatech.com/~greearb/misc/IMAG0272.jpg
http://www.candelatech.com/~greearb/misc/IMAG0273.jpg

Rebooted again, came up clean, except llvm mirror failed (but
did not hang boot).

Rebooted again, hung trying to mount file systems again.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>