[systemd-devel] [RFC v2] mount: improve DefaultDependencies and use in generator

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Fri Aug 23 20:02:01 PDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 4:55 AM, Andrey Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com> wrote:
> В Sat, 24 Aug 2013 04:34:09 +0200
> Kay Sievers <kay at vrfy.org> пишет:

>> > It's also worth pointing out that conceptually Lennart has been
>> > obsoleting a lot of this stuff with:
>> >
>> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/?id=1a14a53cfded6e78c6e8dfb73fdff0039971d642
>>
>> This is still work-in-progress and we will also do the same thing for
>> the rootfs.
>>
>> In the long-run we want *all* stuff to work automatically, just with
>> GPT, and no local config, no fstab at all for the common case; not
>> even with a anything in the kernel command line ...
>>

> How are you going to distinguish between multiple installations? Which
> of 10 homes or roots is the right one for this specific OS instance?

We will just use the *first* one we find, like finding the UEFI ESP
(/boot) works with the firmware.

Mounting /home and / should be non-dangerous, nothing should choke
really if things go wrong.

We will not try to mount machine-local/specific stuff like /var or
/usr automatically, that would really end up in a mess if things get
mixed up.

Kay