[systemd-devel] File system gets remounted read-only after using nspawn

Canek Peláez Valdés caneko at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 15:26:23 PST 2013

Hi; I've been playing with systemd-nspawn with Gentoo. I'm running
systemd 208, and the normal Gentoo stage3 image [1], installing
systemd 204 inside it. Everything works great, but for some reason
after powering off the container, the file system where it resides
gets remounted read-only. I should notice that this is a file system
different from /.

Also, I usually need to machinectl terminate the machine, otherwise I
cannot start the same container with the same name (I think this is a
known bug).

Any idea why do this happens? I took a quick glance through nspawn.c
code, but the only read-only related code I've seen is when using bind
mounts, which I don't need to use to trigger this behavior.

Regards.

[1] http://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/amd64/autobuilds/current-stage3/
--
Canek Peláez Valdés