[systemd-devel] Presentation was a success

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Dec 6 03:43:44 PST 2013

Am 06.12.2013 12:38, schrieb Cecil Westerhof:

>>> You do not need to have modules loaded that are not used much. They can be loaded when a program that needs them is
>>> run and unloaded when the program terminates. This is done with:
>>>      /etc/modules-load.d/<PROG>.conf
>>>
>>> I'll try to make a video tonight to demonstrate this
>>
>> /etc/modules-load.d/ *adds* modules otherwise not loaded
>> by the kernel and they are loaded at boot
>
> Strange I thought that I used this to have the loop module loaded when starting truecrypt
> and unloaded when stopping truecrypt. I have to check this out

no, it is to have the module loaded when truecrypt is installed and stop try
to load it at boot after it is uninstalled, there is not much to checkout
because the syntax of the file even in theory has no connection to a running
process and so it can't work this way

additionally it would be wrong because unload kernel modules is not
always a good idea - better said: it is rarely a good idea if not
done by hand for a reason