[systemd-devel] Presentation was a success

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 03:50:28 PST 2013

On Dec 6, 2013 1:39 PM, "Cecil Westerhof" <Cecil.Westerhof at snow.nl> wrote:

>>> You do not need to have modules loaded that are not used much. They can
be loaded when a program that needs them is
>>> run and unloaded when the program terminates. This is done with:
>>>      /etc/modules-load.d/<PROG>.conf
>>>
>>> I'll try to make a video tonight to demonstrate this
>>

>> /etc/modules-load.d/ *adds* modules otherwise not loaded
>> by the kernel and they are loaded at boot
>

> Strange I thought that I used this to have the loop module loaded when
starting truecrypt and unloaded when stopping truecrypt. I have to check
this out.

This was a recent change inspired by, but not really part of systemd.
(/dev/loop-control was added to allow proper autoloading of 'loop' on first
use.)

You never have to unload it, though. I remember 'rmmod' having been
described as something "not supported and just happens to work".