[systemd-devel] systemd-nspawn and kernel command line

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Dec 9 09:23:40 PST 2013

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 08/12/13 23:48 did gyre and gimble:
> On Sat, 07.12.13 18:33, Colin Guthrie (gmane at colin.guthr.ie) wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When playing with systemd-nspawn, is there a way to override the kernel
>> command line seen inside the container. I mean it's probably not correct
>> that the host systems /proc/cmdline leaks into the container.
>
> Most of systemd's own code actually knows this, and will ignore
> /proc/cmdline if it detects that it is being run in a container. (I
> recently unified this checking in util.c's proc_cmdline() call, so that
> we don't forget to check this by mistake somewhere).
>
> Where di you run into problems with this?

Wellll.... I was thinking it was preventing the container from booting
properly as we booted our host with "rescue" in the command line, but
thinking about it more, the container seems to make it to multi-user
target just fine... it should be defaulting to graphical.target (that's
what the default.target symlink points to at least) but that doesn't
kick in... not looking into why but I kinda *want* it to be
multi-user.target for debugging anyway, so not too upset about that.

So I think my "problem case" might actually be invalid, but glad I came
up with a nice idea in the process ;)

Col

--

Colin Guthrie