[systemd-devel] user at .service doesn't stop on logout

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Dec 10 13:55:45 PST 2013

Am 10.12.2013 20:07, schrieb Lennart Poettering:
>> The screenshot actually has the full output of 'loginctl user-status
>> $user', which includes all open sessions of the user (in this case,
>> none). I also verified with 'ps' that all processes by that user are
>> gone, except the (sd-pam) and systemd process, of course.
>
> That looks like a bug then. Can you get the output of "systemctl
> show-user" for that user? Also, please provide the contents of
> /run/systemd/users/$UID for that user.

# loginctl show-user test
UID=1000
GID=1000
Name=test
Timestamp=Di 2013-12-10 22:47:11 CET
TimestampMonotonic=14242584
RuntimePath=/run/user/1000
Service=user at 1000.service
Slice=user-1000.slice
State=closing
IdleHint=yes
IdleSinceHint=0
IdleSinceHintMonotonic=0
Linger=no

# /run/systemd/users/1000
# This is private data. Do not parse.
NAME=test
STATE=closing
RUNTIME=/run/user/1000
SERVICE=user at 1000.service
SLICE=user-1000.slice
REALTIME=1386712031039381
MONOTONIC=14242584
SESSIONS=1
SEATS=seat0
ACTIVE_SESSIONS=
ONLINE_SESSIONS=
ACTIVE_SEATS=
ONLINE_SEATS=

I checked loginctl list-sessions, and there is no session 1. This test
was done with systemd-git 171754a.