[systemd-devel] udev rule not applied after resume from sleep

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Tue Dec 10 14:59:21 PST 2013

Hi folks,

I hope this is the right list to ask about udev. I've got a lenovo usb
keyboard with a trackpoint on it -- essentially an external replica of
the classic thinkpad keyboard. The trackpoint by default isn't very
sensitive, so I've got a udev rule that applies the settings I like:

zx2c4 at thinkpad ~ $ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/90-trackpoint.rules
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="hid", DRIVER=="lenovo_tpkbd", \
        ATTR{sensitivity}="230", \
        ATTR{press_to_select}="1"

This works well and gets the job done. However, if my computer is in
sleep mode, and then I plug in the keyboard, and then I resume my
computer, the rule doesn't get applied. Likewise, if the rule is in
effect, but then I put my computer to sleep, on resume, the rule isn't
applied.

Is this by design, and I need to add something to my rule to also
active on resumption from sleep, or am I hitting some kind of bug?

Thanks,
Jason