[systemd-devel] [RFC] Initial work for asyncns push

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Dec 10 17:18:20 PST 2013

On Wed, 11.12.13 02:13, Daniel Buch (boogiewasthere at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So i layed the foundation of this libary to fit systemd
>
> But what is actually desired?
>
> C99 or C89? Do we want it to be public or private?

Internally we use C99 and a lot of gcc extensions.

Externally we limit ourselves to C89.

One effect of this is that internally we use the C99 bool type for
booleans, but externally we use "int" when things show up in public
APIs.

> Is modernization desired?

Absolutely, this really should feel like sd-bus.h and so on, and have
the same error handling semantics and so on.