[systemd-devel] getty : how to run getty on every ttyX

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 00:17:11 PST 2013

On Dec 13, 2013 10:09 AM, "Gao feng" <gaofeng at cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As we know, systemd only forks getty on ttyX when we press ctrl + alt +
FX.
> I whould like to let systemd forks server gettys on all of tty deivces by
default.
> this is very useful in container environment, since we can't use
ctrl+alt+FX
> to trigger getty in container.

...do containers even have such devices?

Anyway, just enable more instances of getty at .service for all devices you
need, just like getty at tty1.service is started by default.

The autostart that you mention is part of logind and all it does is just
start the same services via systemd, no magic.