[systemd-devel] default dbus socket path being /run

Umut Tezduyar Lindskog umut.tezduyar at axis.com
Tue Dec 17 11:23:24 PST 2013

Hi,

Now that dbus sockets are by default expected to be in /run by systemd; /var/run by other dbus libraries, we have to use env variables to tell one of them the correct socket path.

Both systemd and glib (gio) are hardcoding the default dbus socket path and having an override with environment variable. Since the default values for both libraries are different, we have to specify either systemd's applications or glibs applications the correct dbus socket.

Wouldn't it be the best to make default dbus socket path a ./configure option? Or maybe ask dbus with pkgconf first and fall back to a default value?

Umut