[systemd-devel] systemd 187/201 on kernel < 2.6.39

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 05:25:23 PST 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 11:58:47AM +0100, Davide Bettio wrote:
> Hello,
>
> According to README minimum required kernel version for systemd 187 is
> 2.6.39, can anyone point me which features from that kernel version are
> required from systemd 187?
>
> I've been testing systemd 187 on 2.6.35 (on ARM) and it seemed to me
> rather stable, I've also checked git log which reports only "README: we
> need Linux 2.6.39" with no further details so I really cannot understand
> what's missing there. Sadly I have to stick to old kernels so I cannot
> switch to newer versions of kernel/systemd.
>
> I've also thinking about to move from 187 to 201 while keeping same
> kernel version, does anyone knows if there are further changes between
> 187 and 201 that requires more features from 2.6.39?
>
> Sorry for all this OT questions and thank you in advance for your time.

I was trying to use 206 on 2.6.39 and failed because of missing
cgroup.procs support.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/README?id=e946948eff517e895b287d0fd8c6d069ab9bbbb9

Some more info about my attempt to backport cgroup.procs (before I've
decided to downgrade systemd in distro instead).
http://trac.shr-project.org/trac/ticket/2100

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com