[systemd-devel] [HEADS-UP] kdbus Updates

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Dec 26 15:42:23 PST 2013

Heya!

We reached a major milestone in kdbus development today. We have all the
userspace and compat stuff ready to make a full Fedora system boot
cleanly and work fine with kdbus on the backend. With current git kdbus
and current git systemd things should just work.

Here's a longer story about this on Google+:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+LennartPoetteringTheOneAndOnly/posts/13JZ7GpyVDb

I have also prepared a document that explains how to port dbus1 clients
to kdbus:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/plain/src/libsystemd-bus/PORTING-DBUS1

It's terse but should touch all relevant bits at least briefly. Please
have a look. Even if you do no work on a dbus library this might be an
interesting read.

Enjoy,