[systemd-devel] libcap .pc file

Thomas H.P. Andersen phomes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 14:12:56 PST 2013

Hi,

Just a heads up that libcap now includes a pc file in version 2.23.
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/morgan/libcap.git/commit/?id=dfea7eba31e6d15e8a63f818bb4438340b70a8c9
(The commit message gives me way more credit than I deserve. Bryan
Kadzban did all the work. I just herded cats)

This makes the "Minimal Builds" page on the wiki out of date. It says:
"Note that the .pc file trick mentioned above currently doesn't work
for libcap, since libcap doesn't provide a .pc file. We invite you to
go ahead and post a patch to libcap upstream to get this corrected.
We'll happily change our build system to look for that .pc file then."

The page also says that dbus is a build time dependency which is of
course not true any more.

I guess it is too early to change both build system and wiki?