[systemd-devel] Feature request: schedule jobs for last day of month

Dave dave at flex.com.au
Mon Feb 4 17:42:00 PST 2013

 In the year 2013, of the month of February, on the 4th day, Larry Baker wrote:
> What about "2012-02~4" (leave off the "-")?  Thus, "-" implies day (days
> from the start) of the month, "~" implies days from the end of the month.

 Nice.  I like this one.  Simple, neat, and feels right.  The tilde is
significantly different, that I can tell at a glance it's not a standard
date format, yet similar enough that it feels like one.

> Should both notations have the same "1" base?  That is, "*-*-1" is the
> first day of the month.  Is "*-*~1" the last day of the month?  Or, is "~"
> a delta, so that "*-*~0" is the last day of the month?

 A delta makes sense from a mathematical perspective, but intuitively,
"~1" leaps out at me as last-day-of-month, "~2" as second last day, etc.

 Cheers,
 dave.k