[systemd-devel] Booting with USB flash disk installed results in wrong disk numbering

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Feb 5 07:14:33 PST 2013

Am 05.02.2013 14:30, schrieb Baurzhan Muftakhidinov:
> What concerns me here is that there is no consistency on less powerful machine.

There is no consistency. Period. Not on more powerful and not on less
powerful machines. There never was, there never will be.

In some form, this "problem" has existed for at least a decade, yet
people still consider it a new problem because they've just now seen it
for the first time.

Udev has provided persistent and predictable naming schemes for hard
drives for a long time (almost a decade probably). You MUST use those.