[systemd-devel] Feature request: schedule jobs for last day of month

David Strauss david at davidstrauss.net
Wed Feb 6 12:25:57 PST 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 4:54 AM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbyszek at in.waw.pl> wrote:
> I'm probably missing something, but if a start date and a count are set,
> then it should be possible to calculate the next event (or if all are
> now past) based on this data?

Yes. I'm just saying that because systemd doesn't track timer runs
across boots or since the initial start of the unit, my code
calculates the recurrence sequence using the current time as the
sequence start (DTSTART in iCal).

This means that an event configured to occur even twice will occur
forever. Also, setting an event to occur only once will cause it to
never run because DTSTART is considered the first occurrence, and my
code skips it because, otherwise, the timer would schedule itself to
run immediately every time systemd asks for the next start time.

In short, don't use COUNT. The rest of the RECUR vocabulary is fine.

--
David Strauss