[systemd-devel] Someone working on gui for multiseat?

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 03:27:56 PST 2013

2013/2/8 Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>:
> On Wed, 06.02.13 14:24, Stef Bon (stefbon at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> Ok, when logind sends out a message (after seat added or removed) it's
>> up to the services like gdm(?) what to do with it: use it as docking
>> station or to start a new session (eg a real seat) ( when it comes to
>> adding).
>
> No, udev contains the information which devices together make up a
> seat. Hence, it is also udev where it is stored whether something is
> used in "docking station" style or in "new seat" style.

Can you please tell me where?

As I see it in udev only tags (=properties) are set to create groups
of devices.
Now this is a bit double (=confusing) since by udev also the name seat
for these groups is used, while a group of devices is not neccesarly a
new seat. It can be also a docking station, or maybe has no special
function if the user wants that.

Stef