[systemd-devel] Someone working on gui for multiseat?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Feb 11 13:36:49 PST 2013

On Mon, 11.02.13 21:32, Tomasz Torcz (tomek at pipebreaker.pl) wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 09:16:08PM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> >
> > a) we need to treat all devices of the same type the same, a logic
> >    depending on the order of discovery is not possible.
>
>   Can we treat devices depending on which USB port they are connected to?
> If so, there could be (custom) udev rule stripping SEAT_MASTER tag from the device
> connected to specific USB port, solving Stef's issue.

Hmm, no? There is no tag "SET_MASTER". Tags are usually lower-case.

And there's really no need for anything beyond a simple "loginctl
attach" really... That should suffice attaching any kind of device to a
seat, which can be used to merge, seats and shuffle things around freely...

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.