[systemd-devel] readahead-replay seems to not be doing anything.

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Feb 12 18:29:48 PST 2013

On Mon, 11.02.13 12:34, Gary van der Merwe (garyvdm at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> This is my first post to this list, so I just want to say I thank you
> too all those
> who wrote systemd.
>
> systemd-readahead-replay does not seem to be doing what it should.
>
> Bootchart with readahead-[replay|collect] enabled:
>   http://www.garyvdm.co.za/bootchart-20130211-1328.svg

You are aware that you need to boot at least twice after removing the
readahead file before measuring anything like this?

It might be nice of bootchart would draw the IO utilization per-process
into the bar. That way we could directly see how much IO it actually
generates...

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.