[systemd-devel] Journal over NFS

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Feb 12 20:08:34 PST 2013

On Thu, 24.01.13 17:56, David Strauss (david at davidstrauss.net) wrote:

> I think mounting the journal directory over NFS is a bad idea. It's
> most of why we've worked on journal2gelf at Pantheon and supported the
> gateway HTTP-based access work.

Hmm, so we actually explicitly want to be nice on NFS. This is supposed
to be one supported transport for the journal. The current code will
even automatically notice if NFS is used suggest not relying on inotify
in those cases. See sd_journal_reliable_fd() for information on that.

That said, testing for NFS has been light so far, and especially the NFS
part of the code is very new still.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.