[systemd-devel] network/openvswitch dependency loop/deadlock

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Wed Feb 13 05:01:32 PST 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:

> Either way, is a generator the way to go here longer term, or is there
> some other plan afoot to modernise the static network configs?

The static network config files, file format and parsing will some day
be part of the core systemd.

Looking at it from the cross-distribution/upstream perspective, it's a
complete mess, and it's probably the weakest and most "broken "part of
the core system at the moment.

But we are kind of busy with other topics at the moment, so it might
take a while ... :)

Kay