[systemd-devel] usb_id gets bogus serial and makes a mess

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Sun Feb 17 13:59:33 PST 2013

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 10:33 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
> Am 17.02.2013 22:30, schrieb Kay Sievers:

>>> Initially was believed that usb_id is to blame, then the kernel, but it
>>
>> We use the same rules now as described here:
>>   http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg487321.aspx
>
> i doubt it is not the best idea to follow microsoft.....

Well, I really have enough of this sort of childish comments. They are
not welcome here.

You might want to go and read what these guys are really doing, and in
case you understand a document like that, you might even realize, that
they do some some great work to make things working in generic ways
for Windows -- which is in many cases the exact same problem we see
for Linux.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/A/D/F/ADF5BEDE-C0FB-4CC0-A3E1-B38093F50BA1/windows8-hardware-cert-requirements-system.pdf

Kay