[systemd-devel] usb_id gets bogus serial and makes a mess

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Sun Feb 17 14:18:27 PST 2013

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 11:11 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 17.02.2013 22:59, schrieb Kay Sievers:

>>> i doubt it is not the best idea to follow microsoft.....
>>
>> Well, I really have enough of this sort of childish comments. They are
>> not welcome here.
>
> the answer "we use the same rules as microsoft" to
> "creates links with junk strings in it:
> usb-TSSTcorp_BDDVDW_SE-506AB_㡒䍌䜶䉗ぁㄴ㌴†ँ-0:0"
> was childish in my opinion

There is a "now" in my sentence, and if you had invested the time to
read what I wrote, instead of instantly replying with your pointless
references, you would have found out that the rules which are *now*
active, actually prevent any such characters to end up being used.

> yes, the may to great work here or there but your reply was
> snappish and not a real solution or even a hint that you
> consider one

Again, I have enough of your comments.

Thanks,
Kay