[systemd-devel] killproc, pidofproc, ExecStop, ExecStart -advice please

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Mon Feb 18 11:28:16 PST 2013

Greetings,

I am new to this list and learning to write systemd service scripts.  I would
like to know if there  are equivalents for the shell functions:-

killproc()
pidofproc()

used heavily in init scripts and as described in linuxstandardbase (url below)
http://refspecs.linuxbase.org/LSB_3.1.1/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-
generic/iniscrptfunc.html

If there are no such equivalents I would be gateful for guidance on the best
way to stop daemons  specifying their process_id and  removing  the said files
when the daemon has stopped.

Also advice would be appreciated  on  whether in such scripts implementing
ExecStop=
then
ExecStart=

is the recommended way to restart daemons or whether/if there are generic
'systemd' ways   to restart daemons.

dincerely
luxInteg