[systemd-devel] python - reading the journal

Steven Hiscocks steven-systemd at hiscocks.me.uk
Thu Feb 21 10:46:35 PST 2013

On 21/02/13 01:49, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 09:02:56PM +0000, Steven Hiscocks wrote:
>> I've pushed a few more commits.
> I've pushed a few commits to
> https://github.com/keszybz/systemd/commits/python-systemd-reader
> This is your tree but rebased onto my id128 stuff, and modified
> to use it. It also has sphinx-generated documentation and gcc
> all warnings fixed. Please have a look.
>
> Zbyszek

Thanks Zbyszek. Looks really good. Tidied it up a bit :)

With the macros for python 2 and 3 differences:
I wonder if unicode_FromString is a bit confusing, as the macro returns
a string and not Unicode for python2? Same for long_AsLong, which
returns int in python2?

Also, not related to the commits:
I've noted that `sd_journal_get_cursor` man pages states that it returns
0 on success, but it actually returns 1. Note sure if the code or man
page is in error. There is a comment in _reader.c get_next against
`sd_journal_get_cursor`, which I guess needs to be removed once this is
clarified.

--
Steven Hiscocks