[systemd-devel] On(Resume|suspend|hibernate) in unit files?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Feb 28 04:37:24 PST 2013

On Wed, 27.02.13 22:22, Cristian Rodríguez (crrodriguez at opensuse.org) wrote:

> Hi:
>
> There is buggy, legacy software around which simply does not behave
> properly when faced with resume/suspend/hibernate which is not
> always practical to modify or fix.
>
> Is there any way to have something like
>
> ReloadOnResume=[true|false]
> StopOnSuspend=[true|false]
>
> Or some other mechanism provided by systemd/logind that does not
> require to use the ugly /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/ hooks ?

My recommendation would be to fix the software in question. I mean, we
will provide compatibility with older software, but we are very
conservative on adding hacky work-arounds for broken software,
especially if no such hack existed in the solutions that were used
before systemd.

So, I am pretty cold on adding something like this, sorry.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.