[systemd-devel] sometimes systemd takes a very long time to restart service

JB general at itpsg.com
Tue Jan 1 22:37:56 PST 2013

Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> В Tue, 01 Jan 2013 18:52:38 -0700
> JB <general at itpsg.com> пишет:
>

>> Thanks!  I'll try and it may work in my case.  What's interesting is
>> that in your case it sounded like rsyslog was hanging around while it
>> was having problems dealing with the condition of having the network
>> unavailable.  In my case, webrickd actually stops and shuts down almost
>> immediately but for some reason systemd doesn't or can't figure that
>> out.
>>

> Showing "systemctl status webrickd.service" before restarting and
> during restart may give some hints.

Good idea.

It goes from active/running to this immediately after restart...

webrickd.service - Configuration ruby webrick daemon
          Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/webrickd.service)
          Active: deactivating (final-sigterm) since Tue, 01 Jan 2013
22:44:39 -0700; 1min 14s ago
         Process: 15771 ExecStart=/home/rtuser/app/bin/webrickd.rb -d -p
/home/rtuser/app/data/logs/webrickd.pid (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Then this, anywhere from 1 to 3 minutes later...

webrickd.service - Configuration ruby webrick daemon
          Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/webrickd.service)
          Active: active (running) since Tue, 01 Jan 2013 22:47:40
-0700; 15s ago
         Process: 15807 ExecStart=/home/rtuser/app/bin/webrickd.rb -d -p
/home/rtuser/app/data/logs/webrickd.pid (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Any ideas why it sits in state "deactivating (final-sigterm)" for 1 to 3
minutes?