[systemd-devel] sometimes systemd takes a very long time to restart service

JB general at itpsg.com
Tue Jan 1 23:13:24 PST 2013

Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> В Tue, 01 Jan 2013 23:37:56 -0700
> JB <general at itpsg.com> пишет:
>

>> Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
>>
>>> В Tue, 01 Jan 2013 18:52:38 -0700

>>> Showing "systemctl status webrickd.service" before restarting and
>>> during restart may give some hints.
>>>

>> Good idea.
>>
>> It goes from active/running to this immediately after restart...
>>
>> webrickd.service - Configuration ruby webrick daemon
>>           Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/webrickd.service)
>>           Active: deactivating (final-sigterm) since Tue, 01 Jan 2013
>> 22:44:39 -0700; 1min 14s ago
>>          Process: 15771 ExecStart=/home/rtuser/app/bin/webrickd.rb -d -p
>> /home/rtuser/app/data/logs/webrickd.pid (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
>>
>> Then this, anywhere from 1 to 3 minutes later...
>>
>> webrickd.service - Configuration ruby webrick daemon
>>           Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/webrickd.service)
>>           Active: active (running) since Tue, 01 Jan 2013 22:47:40
>> -0700; 15s ago
>>          Process: 15807 ExecStart=/home/rtuser/app/bin/webrickd.rb -d -p
>> /home/rtuser/app/data/logs/webrickd.pid (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
>>

> And initial state (i.e. after it is started)?

Sorry I wasn't clear, the second status block up there that says
"Active: active (running)" is the status (i.e. after it is started).

The former status block above is what it changes to nearly immediately
after executing "systemctl restart webrickd.service" then it stays that
way (verified on another console) until after the command returns 1 to 3
minutes later at which point the status changes to what is reported in
the latter block above.  Repeating reproduces the same result.